I love my Big Green Egg. It takes a little time to get used to how it works vs a regular grill or smoker, but the results are great. The egg is so good at holding moisture in your meats i don't worry about injecting, or wrapping in towels or other things that people do with other smokers. if you are doing a slow cook, the charcoal can last a while. I have filled the firebox with charcoal, put a couple of pork butts on and not had to touch the coals for 11 hours.

The one thing people often don't realize about it is you can also use it as a convection oven (mmm, piza) or as a super hot searing station for your steaks. I can get the thermometer in the dome to 700 degrees. Then I have a small grate i set directly on the coals at the bottom. Then very, very carefully I set the steaks on the grate...delicious ny strips in 3-4 minutes.

BillSteve Ens wrote:
I was at Costco a week ago and noticed they are selling the Big Green Egg. My mouth instantly started to water. Came with a nest, shelves for about $800. I am seriously tempted to make the investment in my culinary future.