NORM!

On Wednesday, March 14, 2012, Micheal Espinola Jr <michealespin...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Jeesh - It's not like we are "Anonymous" or anything.  Its like guys
hanging out in a bar.  It almost always very friendly, but can occasionally
get demeaning when you deserve it.  ;-)
> A long time ago on the list that preceded this on - I didnt used to use
my real name either, and I got called-out on it :-)   The world has been
sorry ever since.

> --
> Espi
>

> On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 8:53 AM, Cynicalgeek <cynicalg...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> It's pretty easy to ignore a signature, but to have to ignore it hundreds
or thousands of times when it's including in replies by other people just
doesn't make any sense to me.  But....whatever.
> You know I've considered using my real name on here several times.
 However, after seeing how a lot of the "masters" of this list treat the
readers of the list, I'll never do it.  The "masters" find enjoyment in
berating and personally attacking readers of the list.  I wouldn't put it
past some or the "masters" to actually look somebody up and either A) call
a list member's employer to complain, or B) personally attack (verbally) in
real life over the phone, via snail mail, etc.
> This list is still useful but there is a lot of unprofessionalism that
goes on that has nothing to do with my 'cynicalgeek' email address not
using my real name.

> On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 10:37 AM, Jonathan Link <jonathan.l...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> It's pretty easy to ignore a signature.  It's also funny, so I tend to
give it a pass.  I've seen worse signatures with huge pictures, those are
pretty objectionable.  The list members have come down hard on people with
huge graphics and whatnot in their signature.  Is Mr Rankin's long?  Yeah,
but it's text and it doesn't stand out and cry for my attention, either.

> Turning this on its head.  If you expect the courtesy of Mr. Rankin
trimming his signature,  why is it unreasonable for someone to ask you to
use your real name?  Or at least use an alias that appears legitimate.

> Community is built when people "know" who their peers are.
> On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 9:49 AM, Cynicalgeek <cynicalg...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> #1 I read nothing in the EULA about having to use my real first and last
name.
> #2 I shouldn't have said that the LISTSERV should munge the long
signature, I should have said that list owners should gently ask users not
to use signatures that are incredibly long and useless.
> #3 I'm trying to make constructive suggestions that would help the
community of this list...solutions that would cost members of the list
NOTHING and improve the service of the list.

> On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 2:05 AM, Don Ely <don....@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> 1 demerit for you sir!
>
> On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 11:02 PM, Jon Harris <jk.har...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Now someone is either dreaming or you have had way too many beers tonight
sir.

> Jon
>
> On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 1:39 AM, Don Ely <don....@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> And while were at it, posts will only accepted by the listserv provided
they contain the appropriate amount of research has been completed with
references included!