Speed.  Very common.

-----Original Message-----
From: "David Mazzaccaro" <david.mazzacc...@hudsonmobility.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2012 12:50:19
To: NT System Admin Issues<ntsysadmin@lyris.sunbelt-software.com>
<ntsysadmin@lyris.sunbelt-software.com>Subject: RE: New to virtualization

I am still researching and meeting w/ vendors.

One thing that has just come up w/ a particular vendor.

They are telling me that they would put in 3 hosts, w/ no hard drives
and that VMware would run off a USB stick???

This sounds pretty cheesy to me... is this common practice?

What are the pros/cons to USB stick vs a pair of mirrored drives on the
hosts?