Specific to the user, not the machine.

Crapware; run spybot and ad-aware (or two others of your choice)

Daniel Chenault
dchena...@lgnetworksinc.com

From: Roger Wright [mailto:rhw...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 05, 2012 1:37 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Disc Burning Issues

Windows 7 Pro 64-bit

I have a user who has significatnt issues writing to optical discs, both CDs
and DVDs.  The jobs fail to complete, the discs get stuck in the drives (have
to use a paper clip), the temp files get hung, etc.  She's tried using Windows'
native Send To method as well as Roxio and CDBurnerXP software and has similar
issues with all.  When another account logs on these problems disappear and
disc burning is successful.  I'm inclined to think user error is a problem but
can't see anything she's doing incorrectly while watching her.

The drive has already been replaced and I've cleaned out her %temp% folder.
What else can I check?

Roger Wright
___
ELECTILE DYSFUNCTION:  the inability to become excited over any of the choices
for President put forth by either party in the 2012 election year

or send an email to

<<inline: image001.jpg>>