From: Christopher Bodnar [mailto:christopher_bod...@glic.com]
Sent: Friday, June 08, 2012 9:28 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: Reality check

It depends on your environment. That's almost identical to the procedure we
have here. When provisioning a new server here, part of the process is to
create a new AD group with this naming convention:

ACME_ADMINS_SERVERNAME

This group is then placed in the local administrators group of the server. All
business users that need admin access to servers have a separate account for
that purpose. They submit a privileged access request, and when approved our
"user admin" group adds them to the appropriate AD group that was created for
the server. In a small environment this might be overkill.

YMMV

Christopher Bodnar
Enterprise Achitect I, Corporate Office of Technology:Enterprise Architecture
and Engineering Services

Tel 610-807-6459
3900 Burgess Place, Bethlehem, PA 18017
christopher_bod...@glic.com <mailto:>

The Guardian Life Insurance Company of America

www.guardianlife.com <http://www.guardianlife.com/>