As we have a redundant switched network our network team uses color coding
religiously.

Off the top of my head it's something like:
Blue for primary network, green for the secondary (for the teamed
networks)
Orange for backup
Red for rILO

They also label all connections, both ends.  They are not so concerned with
what the system name is, as switch/port it is connected to.

Steven Peck
http://www.blkmtn.org