On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 1:53 PM, Don Kuhlman <drkuhl...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Wow - so does that mean that our Congress doesn't have security clearances?

  Congress proper doesn't fall under the jurisdiction of the Executive
Orders which establish the system of Classified National Security
Information, so in a way, that's true.  And from what I gather,
there's a lot of petty (and some not-so-petty) turf battles fought
over exactly what kind of requirements Members of Congress should be
subject to.

  But I think it's a safe bet that Members of Congress are subject to
more investigation and scrutiny than most people are, even if they
aren't given a formal Personnel Security Clearance.

-- Ben