What GPO would do this?  I don't know of any GPOs that would force UAC
flags like this...

It sounds like the work of a scheduled script / program to me.  There is
absolutely nothing built into AD that would prevent having both "password
never expires" and "cannot change password" boxes ticked; in fact, this is
a very common config for service accounts.

--Steve