On a related subject, with a Windows 2008 R2 native domain Certificate
Authority (Enterprise CA with offline root) I can use the certificate
MMC snapin to generate CSR and submit to the enterprise CA, with no
problem. But on Windows 2003 R2 systems in same domain I can't use the
Certificates Snapin to generate a CSR to submit for certificates for RDP
encryption. But I can use IIS on Windows 2008 R2, Windows 2008 and
Windows 2003 to generate certificate request to the same CA and it works
flawlessly.

The error is following:
The wizard could not be started because one or more of the following
conditions
NO trusted Certificate Authorities available (That isn't true, I see the
root CA certificate in my trusted certificate authorities and the
enterprise EA is trusted by the Root CA therefore trust chain is
correct)

CA's. (Again I can do this as my login account in the child domain, even
though the CA is in the root domain, on windows 2008/windows 2008 R2)
therefore that doesn't add up either.

The available CA's issue certificates for which you don't have
permissions ( again if I can do it as me in Windows 2008 and R2) then
there really shouldn't be a difference to the same member servers in
same child domain.

Any ideas:

This looked promising, but not sure if will fix the problem.

http://blogs.technet.com/b/askds/archive/2007/11/06/how-to-troubleshoot-
certificate-enrollment-in-the-mmc-certificate-snap-in.aspx

Anyone run into this in their CA deployements and operations that could
shed some light on it? I am sure the permissions are right since I can
do it with no issues on Windows 2008/2008R2 with a Windows 2008 R2 CA,
but it seems Windows 2003 R2 is throwing a hissy fit and won't generate
the CSR which I usually do via the certificate snapin.

Any ideas, I would be appreciative,

Edward E. Ziots, CISSP, Security +, Network +
Security Engineer
Lifespan Organization
ezi...@lifespan.org