-----Original Message-----
From: Steven Peck <sep...@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2012 10:37:07
To: NT System Admin Issues<ntsysadmin@lyris.sunbelt-software.com>
<ntsysadmin@lyris.sunbelt-software.com>Subject: Does Citrix have a motd feature?

I am not the Citrix admin where I work, nor do I play one on TV but I sit
across from them.  :)

They are going through icon bloat and attempting to reduce app sprawl with
some app launcher consoliation, for which we have a solution.  However, it
turns out that we can't control 'notifications' to this section of the user
base (long story, the contact point is 'supposed' to send it out but
evidenlty never does, contract, etc).  So I had a random thought, does
Citrix have a 'message of the day' feature that could be configured "per
user" or group or presented app?

I'm thinking when these select users log in they get a message pop up
telling them of the impending change and then afterwards, get one telling
them it's been done so suck it up or something (well, something nicer).

I did some random searches and some stuff seemed to indicate that doing
something with a log on script and an hta or I found a util called
LOGONMSG.exe might be the way to do it but thought I would ask in case I
missed something before I send them down a rabbit hole that already has a
better carrot.

Thanks,
Steven Peck
http://www.blkmtn.org