From: Ben Scott [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, February 01, 2008 11:32 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: Do Vista Users Need Fewer Security Patches Than XP Users?

On Feb 1, 2008 12:10 PM, Micheal Espinola Jr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> At the time, there were a lot of people that were scared of computers,
> so it was an honest attempt to make something extremely friendly to
> people with no concept of what they were doing.

  The story I heard was that Melinda Gates likes (or liked) cutesy
animated characters.  That's why they keep popping up in MS products,
despite being nearly universally loathed.  The Bob fiasco, Clippy and
friends in MS Office, and that stupid dog in MS Win XP's file search.

  I dunno if it's true or not, but it's Friday, and a good rumor
should get everyone in the right mindset for the Superbowl(TM).  ;-)

-- Ben