Steven which phone did you get and are you on AT&T or Verizon.  It appears you
are on AT&T from what you said. Jon Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2012 10:16:46 -0800
Subject: Re: windows phone 8
From: sep...@gmail.com
To: ntsysadmin@lyris.sunbelt-software.com

Let's see... I have had a Windows Phone for a while now.  For what I do I like
it. I have had a semi-crappy week so haven't had as much time playing with my
new toy (got my 920 on Monday night) as I would like but while fresh...
 I signed in and Linkedin/ Twitter integration was done.  Added a Facebook
account and a Gmail account and pretty much done.  All my contacts populated, I
have IM or SMS as I choose, normal stuff but the accounts wok more smoothly.
Took off all the ATT apps.
 Tile sizes, like it, spending way to much time figuring out which tiles are
needing to go where.  When their commericals 'reinvented around you' showed up
I thought meh, but what you pick does really show how you use your phone.  My
wife jokes that she is horrified to be the 'social butterfly' but my tile set
choices and various friends tile sets are very different.
 I like the Family Room feature.  The Rooms feature is kind of like an expanded
Groups feature but with an automatically generate 'shared OneNote' prep'd for
you as wel as a Calender and IM in a spot.

I set mine to backup configuration and pictures to the cloud so it all shows on
my SkyDrive. I keep hearing about this 'lack of apps' but it hasn't affected my
use.  I have some games, Amazon kindle and mobile, DeekFit Gym Pro and
Crunchyroll.  The Weather Channel app came on it but I am debating about
switching to what I used on my old phone.  Since I have a Xbox music
subscription none of the other services matter to me.  If you have a long term
relationship with a specific app with data in it, I could see your concern but
otherwise there isn't anything I am doing that I couldn't do natively or found
an app for.
 While I haven't changed the defaults on the lock screen of what notifications
show up because they work for me, my wife immediatly did on hers. I am still
finding my way around the Windows 8 / wp8 desktop sync tools.  It did pick up
my music from my XBox Music selections without a sync but I like local music.
Just haven't had time to explore the differences.  I suspect it has more to do
with some fundamental differences and that I haven't sat down and looked at
them much yet.
 My dad likes his (7.5) becuase his Black Berry was having frequent issues with
mail account authentication and no matter what it would just lose it's mind so
I took a chance and talked him into it.  He loves it.  The email and contacts
just plain work so that and the ability to make text bigger with pinch to zoom
is his 'killer feature' but I know he's got like 10 games on it which he always
_ahems_ about.  I suspect he will go for the Nokia 820 which is a little
smaller when it's renewal for him.
 So... I like my phone becuase it just works.  My old one did as well, but this
one seems smoother. Steven Peckhttp://www.blkmtn.org