Well, this is certainly a terrible article from Digicert.  Rename or
migrate your domain in order to get certs that match your AD FQDN?
Links to ADMT??  Utter madness.  Just use an internal CA for an
intranet site, as nobody else will be able to resolve those names
anyhow.  Buy certs from a public CA for external-facing boxes and
don't even worry about the internal name, it doesn't matter.

As for the advice of using the AD domain name "foo.com" for your
business that receives mail as u...@foo.com and has a website at
foo.com, this is awful advice too and causes tons of DNS headaches.
Do not do this.

--Steve