HAHAHAHAHAHA.

So did I. :)

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian Desmond [mailto:br...@briandesmond.com]
Sent: Monday, December 10, 2012 1:00 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: SSL and the new no internal names ruling

I reached out to DigiCert about this.

Thanks,
Brian Desmond
br...@briandesmond.com

w - 312.625.1438 | c - 312.731.3132

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Kradel [mailto:skra...@zetetic.net]
Sent: Monday, December 10, 2012 11:48 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues

Well, this is certainly a terrible article from Digicert.  Rename or migrate
your domain in order to get certs that match your AD FQDN?
Links to ADMT??  Utter madness.  Just use an internal CA for an intranet site,
as nobody else will be able to resolve those names anyhow.  Buy certs from a
public CA for external-facing boxes and don't even worry about the internal
name, it doesn't matter.

As for the advice of using the AD domain name "foo.com" for your business that
receives mail as u...@foo.com and has a website at foo.com, this is awful
advice too and causes tons of DNS headaches.
Do not do this.

--Steve