From: m b [mailto:midphan12...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, 13 December 2012 8:47 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: IPv6 deployments

We are a Windows shop, currently 2K8 R2 native.  We've got a block of IPv6
addresses, and a perfectly-functioning IPv4 global WAN across three dozen city
centers, and in the face of "If it works, don't fix it", we're planning to
deploy IPv6 in 2013.

Those of you who have done a deployment, did you go stateful or stateless?
Walking away from a world that includes DHCP servers feels foreign to me, so
I'm interested to hear the experience of people I trust.

We stay fairly current with technology, don't anticipate difficulty with
router/switch/device capability.  I hope to deploy v6 in addition to the
in-place v4, and without using any transition technologies (ISATAP).  Am I a
dreamer?  Were their any "gotcha" challenges that you ran into?