I can't speak directly to your concerns, as we have everything from
NT4 servers, to Wink2 Pro boxes, to XP/7/2003/2008/2008R2, but...

I'm lurking and learning a ton on ipv6-...@lists.cluenet.de, and can
strongly recommend "Understanding IPIPv6 Third Edition" by Joseph
Davies.

I've also implemented DirectAccess with UAG, which is a total IPv6
implementation - I can state that at least in the Win2k8R2
implementation you might well want ISATAP for it, to be able to manage
your machines in the field. Whether that's relevant to a complete
IPv6/dual stack environment is beyond me at the moment, however.

Kurt