Copy the log file to your PC and use Word?

Andy

________________________________

From: Joe Heaton [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2008 3:02 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Big log file

Anyone have any useful ideas on how to open a 250MB log file?  I tried
opening it in Wordpad, but it gets stuck around 75%.  It's a file level
log of a backup job, which normally backs up around 420,000 files.
There's a discrepancy on the summary report, of about 20 files, between
what it says it looks at, filters out, and actually backs up.  The
company has no idea what those 20 files could be, and they're probably
no big deal, but I want to know what the backup isn't backing up...

Joe Heaton

AISA

Employment Training Panel

1100 J Street, 4th Floor