From: Glen Johnson [mailto:gjohn...@vhcc.edu]
Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2013 9:36 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Patch management recommendations

Almost all the Virginia Community colleges, dumped Altiris in favor of KACE.
The latest update to Altiris was a disaster for everyone that attempted it.
We were not one of the brave colleges to try, but from what I heard, the system
requirements were huge, a dual socket, quad core server with 24gig ram was
barely adequate to serve 3 to 400 client workstations.
Ouch.
We currently run both the K1000 and K2000 on a HP/Compaq dl-380 dual socket,
quad core with 16gig ram under vmware 5 and it is very responsive.
Also two other windows virtuals on the same host.
The instructor led training was very good also.