On 15 Jan 2013 at 15:29, Matthew W. Ross  wrote:

> Doesn't Adobe (and possibly other PDF viewers) include PDF rendering with
> javascript now?
>
> I just want a "dumb" .pdf reader. Is it just me?

Try SumatraPDF -- very lightweight.  Browser plugin available, but you can turn
that off.  It's what I use by default.  I'll keep a portable copy of Foxit
Reader around for those few PDFs which need scripting enabled.

Links:
    http://blog.kowalczyk.info/software/sumatrapdf/free-pdf-reader.html
    http://portableapps.com/apps/office/foxit_reader_portable

HTH

Angus

PS there's also a portable version of Java you can plug in to a portable
browser for those rare occasions when you need a Java-enabled browser.

    http://portableapps.com/apps/utilities/java_portable