It's been a while since we migrated our systems, and since we went from 32 bit
WS03 R2 to a 64 bit WS08 R2 print cluster with a new name, I didn't use
printbrm at the time.  That being said, I've used printbrm to do exports of our
config and it doesn't restore everything well to another box, like you've
experienced, but it's also been a while since I've tried using it (not counting
my nightly export scripts).

I think the main issue for us is because of print processors, and in our case
may be related to a bug where Windows doesn't always delete old processors over
time - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/242394 and since we are using HP
Universal drivers, it gets complicated at times--you may be in the same boat.
I've had to remove the old processors after updating queues on more than one
occasion.  And, based on some experience I've had from testing removal of print
processors, I've also seen that if the print processor is not there, the queue
does not appear at all, like what you are reporting.  But, the queue does show
in the registry, meaning if you only could load the print processor files, it
would work.  If you're using HP's UP drivers, I can provide more info on the
messiness of it--it sort of sounds like that might be the scenario.

Otherwise, if I were looking at what you are working on, I would focus on which
print processors are missing for the queues that don't appear at import, and
whether you can just reload the software for that easily or just recreate the
queues.  In our case, with 500 network printers, I keep all of the original
drivers on hand (that aren't via windows update) in case we had to rebuild and
printbrm or some other available restore mechanism (like a BMR) doesn't do the
trick, along with our printer info DB.

-Bonnie