Don't rename the domain. Just Say No. There is no need.

Sent from my Windows Phone
________________________________
From: David Mazzaccaro
Sent: 2/1/2013 9:50 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Rename 2003 domain

Thx
I Just read through that thread.
One comment was that you never need to register an internal name on a
certificate….
But it doesn’t go into detail as to why.

The other bigger headache (which I understand) is to NOT use an internal name
that will also be used externally.
We only use “company.com” on in the internet.  So if we never use “company.NET”
on the outside, why couldn’t/shouldn’t I rename the domain to that?

Thx