Don't want to keep on this thread, it's obvious that most of you are in
disagreement with me. I'm OK with that. But to your comment:

I think I get who the certification is targeting. My point is that I think
there is a larger population out there that might be interested in and
possibly be valid candidates for, this  certification in mid sized shops,
but the cost is prohibitive. And I understand that there has to be a fee
for this. And I even agree that MS isn't really making money off this. But
just doing some basic numbers (I may be way off on these figures so don't
crucify me on this). If there are 4 sessions a year in any given track
(SQL, Messaging, DS, etc...)That's 100 people that need to pay for the
course. Thats' $1.4milliion. Even say they cut this in half, they would
only be reducing their revenue by $750K per track. In terms of MS, that is
peanuts. This is not a revenue stream for MS, they are just trying to
recoup some of the costs. But this would open it up to a much larger pool
of potential candidates.

Christopher Bodnar
Enterprise Architect I, Corporate Office of Technology:Enterprise
Architecture and Engineering Services
Tel 610-807-6459
3900 Burgess Place, Bethlehem, PA 18017
christopher_bod...@glic.com

The Guardian Life Insurance Company of America

www.guardianlife.com