Here is a weird one that I am seeing with RDP on Windows 2008.

Remote Desktop Services is running on the server and the port is open (3389)
You can connect to the server and enter your AD credentials, and then it tries
to show you the desktop and sure enough claims there is a network error and
kicks you out.

I Have checked the following.

1)      Network settings on NIC (In Network Fault Tolerant Pair, how its always
configured) no errors seen.

2)      Negoiate is set for the session security

3)      RDP Services has been recycled numerous times.(At least 5)

4)      Check to make sure the account logging in with didn't have a specific
program to run at login and showed it to always show desktop

Still get Event ID 7034 with Remote Desktop Services.

Any ideas?

Edward E. Ziots, CISSP, Security +, Network +
Security Engineer
Lifespan Organization
ezi...@lifespan.org

This electronic message and any attachments may be privileged and confidential
and protected from disclosure. If you are reading this message, but are not the
intended recipient, nor an employee or agent responsible for delivering this
message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you are
strictly prohibited from copying, printing, forwarding or otherwise
disseminating this communication. If you have received this communication in
error, please immediately notify the sender by replying to the message. Then,
delete the message from your computer. Thank you.