From: Kurt Buff [mailto:kurt.b...@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, March 22, 2013 4:22 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: virtualization question

On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 10:58 AM, Stephen Holtz <ste...@addisonreserve.cc>
wrote:

> Ok, another newbie to the world of virtualization here.  I have a POS
> (point of sale) program that I want to be able to be accessed by iPads
> using a RDP client.  However, I would like to put multiple instances
> of the program on a server so that each iPad can access the POS
> program and keep it open during service.  Any help even a starting point
> would be helpful.
>

> TIA,

Questions...

o- Is this a new POS program, or is it currently in use elsewhere?
o- If it's currently in use, what are the back end and front end platforms -
Windows, *nix?

If it's currently in use, and has a Windows front end client, you shoud
probably talk withe the vendor regarding whether it plays nice on a TS server,
or whether it will play nice with RDP.

If they don't know, then I'd explore whether it works via RDP first, and then
test to see if you can make it run in a Windows VM, and then test an install on
a TS server.

If it works via RDP, but not in a shared TS environment, then I'd probably see
about getting multiple VMs running as targets for RDP.

Kurt