On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 9:22 AM, Andrew S. Baker <asbz...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sophos has done really well with their acquisition of Astaro, and their
> looking to take on the mid-market with their pricing and feature bundles.

  They've borked themselves when it comes to selling software, though.
 We were planning on switching to Sophos for traditional anti-virus,
but then they restructured their product offerings.  Now you can only
buy something if you want to buy a bunch of other somethings, and they
can't tell you what those somethings do, or why they're any good, and
half the questions get answered with, "Well, no, our traditional
software can't do that, but this virtual appliance we sell does".  But
their virtual appliances aren't supported under anything but VMware.

  After weeks of trying desperately to buy something from them, we
gave up and are going with Trend.

-- Ben