From: Ben Scott [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, February 01, 2008 2:52 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: Switch Purchase Question...

On Feb 1, 2008 2:11 PM, Don Ely <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  That might work in a small shop, doesn't work in shops with 18
locations,
> 100's of server and 100's of network devices...

  Nope, it wouldn't.  I never said it would.  I said it was nice to
have the feature for small shops.  :-)  HP does provide something
called "ProCurve Manager", which is some kind of big shop,
Windows-based management server thing.  There's a base version which
is free, and a "Plus" version which costs extra.  I haven't had need
to try either yet.  I've been content with the built-in stuff and MRTG
so far.  It's on my to-do list, but things go on to my to-do list
faster than they come off.  Near the top of my to-do list is "hire
more staff".  :-)

-- Ben