Your manager maybe aware of your intention thus restricting your input into
hiring or he/she may just have an ego that is too large to fit in a multistory
warehouse.  Either way good luck getting out.  A recent article I saw (I think
it was Andrew that posted it) on LinkedIn seems to indicate the job market may
not be expanding much and may be getting tighter again despite what the numbers
the government is spouting. Jon