Way to beat that nasty...whitelisting.

I guess that vector would work for a lot of these synchronization clients,
so I guess good whitelisting is the only way. Luckily as I've started using
AppSense DataNow instead of DropBox for mine, I get AppSense Application
Manager along with it, which is probably the best whitelisting product I've
seen.

Very interesting read though, just shows that traditional AV can't really
fend off a determined hacker.

Cheers,

JR

On 16 April 2013 15:07, Ziots, Edward <ezi...@lifespan.org> wrote:

>  Here is the slide deck on this:****
>

> https://media.blackhat.com/eu-13/briefings/Williams/bh-eu-13-dropsmack-jwilliams-slides.pdf
> ****
>
> ** **
>
> Good reading, scary thought but a lot are using Dropbox and not thinking
> about the consequences….****
>

> http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/security/dropsmack-using-dropbox-to-steal-files-and-deliver-malware/9332?tag=nl.e036&s_cid=e036&ttag=e036
> ****
>
> ** **
>
> Food for thought, especially from regulatory compliance standpoint. ****
>
> ** **
>
> Z****
>
> ** **
>
> ** **
>
> Edward E. Ziots, CISSP, CISA, Security +, Network +****
>
> Security Engineer****
>
> Lifespan Organization****
>
> ezi...@lifespan.org****
>
> Work:401-444-9081****
>
> ** **
>
> ** **
>
> This electronic message and any attachments may be privileged and
> confidential and protected from disclosure. If you are reading this
> message, but are not the intended recipient, nor an employee or agent
> responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are
> hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from copying, printing,
> forwarding or otherwise disseminating this communication. If you have
> received this communication in error, please immediately notify the sender
> by replying to the message. Then, delete the message from your computer.
> Thank you.****
>
> *[image: Description: Description: Lifespan]*
>
> ** **
>
> ** **

> To manage subscriptions click here:

*James Rankin*