All went well with my desktop-that's the third machine I've done SP1 on,
and all three machines were significantly different from one another. So
I feel pretty good about SP1 so far in terms of stability, but it's too
early for me to comment on performance.

The only glitch with my home desktop update was that after SP1 was
installed, Vista was routing all audio output through the wrong device.
I had to go into the sound settings and configure it to use my speakers.
That was kind of weird, and is a problem that would stump the average
user.

John