hehe. "I miss Commvault" seems to be the general theme of posts on this board. That's what made me take such a serious look at them.

I'm curious. Were you able to get them to setup a demo for you or release software for your environment before you bought? I'm still in the initial stages with them but I know they'd rather NOT release a demo to me mainly b/c my inexperience with the product could lead to a false negative feeling about their app. I would like to see hard data on my environment, though.

Eric E Eskam wrote:

Jeremy Young <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 02/15/2008 04:04:31 PM:

> They also said that this allowed me to effectively use
> cheap JBOD instead of relying on a tape emulating disk cabinets for
> performance.  I'd like to know what your thoughts are on this claim and
> what real experience you have with Commvault or Veritas btd.

Yup, it just works. I used to do incrementals to disk, then use the synthetic full feature to make full backups to tape. Worked like a champ.

I miss commvault....

Eric Eskam
The contents of this message are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. Government "The human mind treats a new idea the same way the body treats a strange protein; it rejects it."
-  P. B. Medawar