The limits on the store are fairly high, like 70gb for Exchange 2003
Standard. (IIRC). At one former employer, they allowed the C-class to have
basically limitless mailboxes. Warning and Send limits (at 2gb), but no cap
on receive. Using Mailbox management, to clear deleted Items folders, and
very old mail (keep REALLY old mail in PSTs and/or archive to CD) can
typically keep the server below the 70gb limits.

It's the Exchange Admin and the hardware that impose the only limits here.