Hope your job is more secure than out here in California at the moment
John.  Up until a few months ago, I worked for a school district here in
Sacramento.  There were 4 of us in the IT department, although one was
half-time bus driver, so really 3 1/2, including the Supervisor.  I left
there in October, and now work for the state.  I just spoke with that
supervisor about a week or so ago and this is what he told me:

1)  They are not going to replace me.  (Down to 2 1/2 people)
2)  The half-time bus driver is now a full-time bus driver. (Down to 2
people)
3)  The administration is talking about lay-offs, which would include
the guy that does the database administration (Down to 1 person, who is
the Supervisor)
4)  The administration is also talking about the supervisor having to
take a pay cut, and go back into the union.  He told them that was fine,
as long as his phone doesn't ring anymore.  His boss told him she
doesn't want her phone to ring, and he told her that he wasn't going to
take a pay cut and stay in a supervisory position... (even though he
wouldn't have anyone to supervise anyway...)

All this because Arnie cut $500 million out of the education budget now,
in emergency cuts.  He's also talking about taking an additional $15
Billion out of the education budget for next year.  Not sure how he
expects to do that and still have schools at all.

Sad state of affairs here in California...  Just glad I got out of the
school district in the nick of time.

Joe Heaton