From: Scot Parsons [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, March 10, 2008 11:37 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: IT Salary Survey

I'm in SC...state employee. Make about $52K. Have had offers in the
$70s, but would have to work longer hours and travel some. At this point
I prefer to spend time with my sons. My benefits are better than I would
find elsewhere. I get 5 weeks paid vacation, 3 weeks paid sick leave,
holidays, and a retirement plan. My share of my health insurance is
$90/month.

I'm curious about the cost of living/housing in various places. I live
in a 2500 sq. ft. brick house with a pool. It last appraised at about
$200K...county property tax $1200/year. My wife just bought a 2008
Toyota Corolla for about $16K...county property tax this year was $350.
I don't live in the city limits, so no city taxes. Sales tax 5-8 percent
depending on what you're buying...car sales tax maximum $300.