On 4/15/08, Phillip Partipilo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  Samsung CLP-300, prints come out just about as nice ...

  I tried the display model of one of those in Staples.  Seems like a
neat little printer for personal use, but good gawd is it slow.  It
takes it 20 seconds to get a page out.

  We have an HP Color LaserJet 2500n and a CLJ 2600n.  I'm not overly
impressed, but they seem to work okay.

  The 2500 uses a single photo drum and puts the four CMYK toner
cartridges on a carousel.  When you first turn it on or wake it up, it
has to through a calibration cycle to line everything up; that can
take a good two minutes.  Once it's ready, B&W prints come out
reasonably quickly.  Color is four times slower, since it just has the
one photo drum.  It's also slightly prone to misfeeding on heavy or
slippery print stock.

  The 2600 has four individual cartridges, each with its own toner and
drum.  Color printing is thus single pass, and there's no calibration
cycle.  So it's a lot faster.

  A colleague of mine was praising the CLJ 3600 as fast for both B&W
and color, and delivering very good looking prints.

  HP's tech support has become horrible.  Don't expect them to honor
their warranties.

-- Ben