From: Phillip Partipilo [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Tuesday, April 15, 2008 2:16 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: color printer???

Referring to what, the Xerox nightmares or the cheap Samsungs?

Xerox Phaser 7700, in about 6 or 7 years, two hard drives dead at about
$1000 each, parts and labor, for a 2.5" 4gb notebook hard disk drive
formatted something proprietary (tried attaching it to a PC to see what they
were all about, no dice).

Required four separate print cartridges that lasted about 24,000 pages each,
and a full set of four was close to $1000. I also believe the printer was
full of $h** due to the chip on the cartridges that tell the printer to stop
using them.

Samsung CLP-300, prints come out just about as nice, cost of entire printer
is about $230 and a full set of replacement toners is about $100, uses one
single print cartridge that is also about $100...  Oh yeah, and the toners
are not chipped so you can refill them to your hearts content with generic
color toner.

Screw Xerox. (IMHO)

Phillip Partipilo
Parametric Solutions Inc.