>Totally false.  I've moved 20 MB/sec over USB 2.0, and far better with
>internal drives.

You do see the difference in moving 20MB/sec of _*all*_ the drive versus
_*only*_ the files it has? If a 1 TB drive had 1gig of data, yea you get it.
Not to mention the obvious size of the image _*even*_ if you pipe into `insert
your fav compression` and compress it. The rest of the drive may not have been
zeroed so it may not compress etc etc etc ad infinitum.

>(FWIW, when I hear "clone", I think "identical".)

Yeah but I read between the lines maybe a bit more then I should have. It was a
shot in the dark that *if* that was real need, his need would stem from an
advanced concept that likely would negate him from needing to ask. Totally my
assumption, could be wrong, but I doubt it:)

jlc