According to HP, you can actually outgrow Altiris products.

http://myitforum.com/cs2/blogs/rtrent/archive/2008/04/21/hp-s-rebuttal-and-c
larification.aspx

From: Michael B. Smith [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, April 22, 2008 5:33 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Non-Open Source Network Monitoring Tools

Sure, Altiris and CA have solutions in the Enterprise space too. Dollar for
feature, you aren't going to beat OpsMgr.

On the low-end you have Servers Alive, Whats Up Gold, and their ilk - which
work just fine, but you will invest a lot more energy in the setup and
maintenance of them, and they won't give you as much data.

Regards,

Michael B. Smith

MCSE/Exchange MVP

http://TheEssentialExchange.com