> An initial client-side download and install is necessary with WebEx
too.

Yes, but AFAIK more people run WebEx than LiveMeeting, so I'm not sure
if as many people have to download the control (since they already have
it installed when they had another meeting).

> And LiveMeeting can now be run locally, you don't have to use the
hosted version if you prefer not to.

Well, you still have to have the client download something.

Point:  This morning, on a fairly important conference, we had to wait
while the customer downloaded the LIveMeeting plug-in.  For some reason,
LiveMeeting was slow and it took quite a long time (maybe as long as 10
minutes, I wasn't counting).  That's precious time lost.  I filled the
time in with other discussion.  I doubt the customer was running WebEx
anyway, so it probably wouldn't have made a difference.  But it might
make a difference in other situations.  Again, it's a question of who
has the most penetration already on desktops.

Alex