From: Alex Eckelberry [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, May 14, 2008 11:26 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: WebEx alternatives

> An initial client-side download and install is necessary with WebEx too.

Yes, but AFAIK more people run WebEx than LiveMeeting, so I'm not sure if as
many people have to download the control (since they already have it
installed when they had another meeting).

> And LiveMeeting can now be run locally, you don't have to use the hosted
version if you prefer not to.

Well, you still have to have the client download something.

Point: This morning, on a fairly important conference, we had to wait while
the customer downloaded the LIveMeeting plug-in.  For some reason,
LiveMeeting was slow and it took quite a long time (maybe as long as 10
minutes, I wasn't counting).  That's precious time lost.  I filled the time
in with other discussion.  I doubt the customer was running WebEx anyway, so
it probably wouldn't have made a difference.  But it might make a difference
in other situations.  Again, it's a question of who has the most penetration
already on desktops.

Alex

  _____