From: Ziots, Edward [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, May 15, 2008 11:00 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Processor Cores, and Windows Version questions

TO the list,

I am trying to correctly, wrap my head about the relationship between
the processor min/max specifications on Windows 2003 Standard,
Enterprise, and Datacenter.

MY specific question is this, and my google fu and MSDN have failed me.

If I had a Single Dual-Core processor its going to look and function as
2 Processors in Windows, therefore I can use Standard edition without an
issue.

If I had a Quad Core (Single) processor its going to look and function
as 4 processors in Windows, therefore I can use Standard Edition without
an issue.

If I had 2 Quad Core Processors, its going to look and function as 8
processors in Windows and I need to utilize Enterprise Edition
accordingly to get all the processor support.

If I had 4 Quad Core  Processors, its going to look and function as 16
processors and I need to move to Datacenter Edition?

Here are the resources I have when I am hashing this out.