From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, June 06, 2008 8:51 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Using Print Migrator from Win2000 to Win2003?

I have a print server that is a Win2000 server. I have like 2 dozen printers
defined there. We want to retire this server, and just run the printers off the
file server at that location. Problem is, the file server is Win2003. I can
save the printer definitions using the Print Migrator tool just fine, but they
won't load on Win2003. I get:

WARNING: Kernel Mode drivers (version 2) are blocked on the target machine.
Disable kernel mode blocking and re-run Printer Migrator. Ignoring this warning
(Cancel button) will result in driver installation, but because they are kernel
mode drivers - a serious problem with any dependent print queue could
potentially bring down the system.

Ideally, I'd like to *not* turn off kernel mode blocking. :-) So, does anyone
know how I can identify which driver is causing the problem? If I don't need
that printer driver anymore (they are some old, now unused drivers still on the
print server), I'd delete the printer definition and start over again.

Or is there a way to selectively backup/restore printer drivers, so I wouldn't
have to recreate them all by scratch?

Thanks

--
Michael Leone