On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 11:30 AM, Oliver Marshall
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> 2)      Has some kind of scan to network folder feature.

  Scan to network folder seems to be considered a "high end" feature
for some reason.  We get it on our big Konica multi-function copy
machines.  I've seen it in stand-alone network-attached scanners
costing > $1500.  But not in the lower-cost devices.

  I've looked at lower-cost multi-function devices from HP, Epson,
Canon, and Brother, and none of them seem to be able to do
scan-to-folder.  They all expect you to control the scanning from a
PC, either using their software, or using a web-based interface to the
printer.  This is a major pain, since you have to walk to the printer,
load your document, walk back to your desk, run the scan (and hope
nobody has unloaded your document to make a copy in the meantime).

On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 11:36 AM, Martin Blackstone
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I just bought a HP LaserJet M3027.

On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 11:39 AM, Oliver Marshall
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> And the drivers are installable via logon scripts and the add new
> printer wizard?

  I can't speak to that model in particular, but HP provides a simple
"driver package" for most of their stuff that works okay for
point-and-print (Add Printer Wizard).  I've found the software quality
of HP's drivers in general has been steadily declining over the years
(slow, over-complicated, erratic UI behavior, etc.), but that's the
same regardless of how the drivers get installed.

-- Ben