From: Paul Everett [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, July 28, 2008 5:35 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: blacklists

We've been finding ourself on some blacklists since last week and have
basically shut us down.  Specifically Spamhaus and Barracuda's.

I'm not sure if I have an infected computer on my network sending spam or
not.  I've requested my ip removed from the blacklists several times, but
after a day or two I'm back on.  I've got a window to post this question
before it happens again.  Here's what I have.

One Domain, two locations connected via PTP T1 (Adtrans).  All Internet
access is at one location where I have my Mail Server 2003 (Ninja) and a
Watchguard Firewall.  All clients (about 200) running Symantec AV.

I don't have really the tools or knowledge to run any packet capture
software (or anything else) to determine if I have an owned machine, but
while I am working on that is there any way to close my firewall to outbound
mail traffic while still letting my Exchange out?  Do infected computers
send email thru port 25 like Exchange?  If so, can I block that port and
change the port Exchange uses to send?  If so, how?

This may take me awhile, but I'd like to stay off the blacklists in the mean
time.

One thing I've done is installed Zone Alarm on my pc to see if I can catch
any of my local computers scanning my network.  After the install it asked
if I wanted my Outlook to act as a Server.  The info button showed that it
should be ok to do, but I said "no".  My email seems to be working but I
keep getting notifications that ZA is blocking internet access to my
computer from my mail server.  This is probably nothing.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Paul Everett
IS Dept.
Lee Mental Health Center