I have a server w/ a failed HD in a RAID 5.
I was planning on swapping out the HD w/ a replacement tonight.
This is a large array (1TB) and given the chance of power outage during
the rebuild, is this not a good idea?
Our UPS systems will keep the server running for no more than 1 hour;
after which time I would shut the server down.
What happens if the RAID starts to rebuild, but then I have to power off
the server before it completes?
Will the RAID continue to rebuild when I power the server back up again?
Thanks