Have you had a string of good luck you are looking to counter?  I have
a dim memory of RAID manuals saying, no lose power is very bad, but I
could be remembering wrong.

In general, I replace failed drives immediately (or as soon as the
replacement drive arrives).  Potential power outage... I think I would
wait.