HIPAA compliance is a lot more than a checklist it's a process, and you
need to know what policies and procedures that the doctor has in place
along with the practices of the partners that that doctor associates
with.

There are two major pieces of HIPAA you need to deal with the Privacy
Section, and the Security Section. A lot of it is vague, and not clear
cut. There are some good to do or consider, but I will tell you that
information disclosure ( unencrypted hardware being used to store
patient info) will get you in trouble, also privacy issues. Again I am
going to say this loud and clear its not a checklist it's a process, and
it isn't for the faint of heart.

Edward E. Ziots

Network Engineer

Lifespan Organization