Well, we get email probs if the recipient domain is on the opendns list
of things to block. Its blocks at the DNS level so will happily block MX
as well as A records. Updates have never taken more than about 1 hour
for us though.

From: James Rankin [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 13 August 2008 13:47
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: OpenDNS

Does anyone on the list have any issues with OpenDNS? I recommended this
to a friend of mine, and it appears to be behaving rather strangely.
When it is enabled in their DNS forwarders, it appears to block email as
well as web traffic to domains such as hotmail.com and btinternet.com -
as soon as the DNS settings are removed, the Exchange queues clear. Also
he made some changes to allow webmail in his OpenDNS settings, and six
hours later, they are still getting blocked when browsing to hotmail.com
or Yahoo mail. I have sent a few requests to their support teams, but
haven't even received as much as an auto-response yet.

TIA,

JRR