"60 Gig with 150 users"
Just curious... What limits do you have on mailboxes?

________________________________

From: N Parr [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, August 14, 2008 8:50 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Outloot Limit on messages per folder

For archiving purposes in the past I've had over 300k in one folder.
What makes the biggest difference if you are running a PST or OST is the
local hardware.  It was amazing how much faster access improved when I
put the pst on a Raptor SATA2 drive separate from the OS instead of a
normal SATA.  10-20 GB PST with 200k msg's in one folder and access is
almost real time when you are sorting and searching.  My Sunbelt lists
have 20k-200k on them and they are running just fine, all on the server
no local storage.  It also seems like if you are running in cached mode
there's just no hope of a large mailbox having any speed to it,
especially when you first fire up outlook.  One thing people seem to
forget with a PST and OST is to defrag every once in a while.  Again,
depending on the hardware that can make a huge difference and I think
the original question is entirely subjective to that.  My mail store is
only around 60 Gig with 150 users on an overkill server so everyone
else's mileage may vary.