Glaucous

Bob Fronk

From: Michael B. Smith [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, August 18, 2008 6:16 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Outloot Limit on messages per folder

In THAT FOLDER.

Consider this example: a folder named folderX has 100 items.

Each of those items has an itemType. itemType has two possible values:
FolderItemType or ItemItemType.

Any item that has an itemType of FolderItemType can be treated as either
a Folder (which means it contains zero or more items based off the
FolderItemRoot) or as an Item (which means it can be moved, deleted,
etc. etc.)

Regardless of the itemType of each individual item contained within
folderX, as long as folderX has less than 5,000 items; it is considered
performant.

It is conceivable that all items within folderX are actually of
FolderItemType, and that each FolderItemType contains hundreds of
subitems.

Those subitems are irrelevant. They do not affect the performance of
folderX. Only those items directly contained within folderX will affect
its performance.

I hope that that is more clear.

Regards,

Michael B. Smith