I have to disagree.  The price of free is not worth the suckfest that
you operate under the false-sense of security with.

I've repaired enough compromised systems to validate the "free" price
tag of anything.  NOD32 and Spybot Search and Destroy (with TeaTimer
running) FTW.

If you are only going to run free stuff, dont use IE.  Use Firefox
with AdblockPlus and NoScript addons installed.

--
ME2